Lawncare & Landscaping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onan carb issues

Go down

Onan carb issues Empty Onan carb issues

Post by Kingwood990 Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:24 pm

The carb on my Wheel Horse is giving me trouble. The tractor had been sitting for a few years. I have taken the carb off of the tractor and cleaned it out with carb cleaner. When I pulled the bowl off of the carb it was full of dried up fuel. After cleaning that out and soaking the carb in cleaner for a few hours I put it back together and installed it on the tractor. I went to start the tractor after cleaning the carb and the engine is acting like it is not getting fuel.

I have checked the gas tank and it is clean. I have pulled the fuel line off of the carb and verified that it is not blocked. The barb on the side of the carb where the fuel line attaches to the carb is blocked. I have tried spraying it with carb cleaner, soaking it with carb cleaner and also soaked the carb in chem-dip. I also tried blowing out the barb with compressed air and that did not help. Censored

I need to find a carb rebuild kit. I have not found any any where for this engine.
I will post the model number off of the engine tomorrow. The carb is a Nikki.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Onan carb issues Empty Re: Onan carb issues

Post by Kingwood990 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Well I got it fixed. I soaked the carb in chem-dip over night and took a piece of string and stuck it down the fuel inlet. Every thing I pulled the string out it was black and oily. I repeated this process in till the string was clean.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum