Lawncare & Landscaping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement

2 posters

Go down

Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement Empty Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement

Post by Admin Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Settlement Update - Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The August 31, 2010 deadline for filing claims for the cash benefit has passed. You can continue to file claims for the warranty relief benefit for up to one year after final approval of the Settlement.

On August 16, 2010, Judge Adelman granted Plaintiffs’ motion for final approval of the settlements with all defendants. Please keep in mind that appeals may be filed and no distributions (cash payments or warranty certificates) can be made until any and all appeals are resolved. Please check back on February 28, 2011 for additional updates as to any appeals or the date of cash and warranty distributions (if no appeals are filed).

Please be patient and check this website (www.lawnmowerclass.com) or call 1-877-773-8196 for timely updates. The updates on the website and toll-free telephone line contain the most up-to-date information available, so please refrain from contacting Rust Consulting or Class Counsel directly if your questions relate to the status of the Court’s decision on Final Approval or any appeals.

Important Settlement Dates: Last updated - Monday, February 28, 2011

THE EXCLUSION/OBJECTION DEADLINE HAS NOW PASSED

June 22, 2010
FINAL APPROVAL HEARING.

February 21, 2012
DEADLINE FOR FILING A CLAIM FOR WARRANTY BENEFITS AND REDEEMING WARRANTY BENEFITS.

DEADLINE FOR FILING A CLAIM FOR CASH BENEFITS HAS NOW PASSED
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

https://lawncare.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement Empty Re: Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm

GUESS WHAT IT"S Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement 893148 I just got claims my check for the mowers from the Settlement Claims Administration I also got an Extended Engine Warranty for one year on my first Kohler that has been out of warranty for over a year. Lawn Mower Class Action Settlement 654812
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2011 6:51 pm

The amount of cash payment was calculated according to the terms of the settlement agreements. Pursuant to the settlement agreement, because of the substantial number of claims received, the full capped payment amount (up to $35 for a walk behind and $75 for riding lawn mowers) is not available for distribution. Rather, the amount to be paid to each claimant was reduced pro rata from the capped amounts. As a result Walk Behind mower purchasers are receiving $10.19 and Riding lawn mowers purchasers 21.84 so my final settlement payment check amount was $32.03

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingwood990 Mon May 23, 2011 7:00 pm

Congrats on getting some warranty and a little bit of money out of the settlement.

I would of filed a claim but being that the John Deere is the only machine I actually bought new I did not see the point. The rest of the equipment was ether given to me or saved from the scrap yard. Most of that is way to old for the settlement to cover any how.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 23, 2011 8:07 pm

I figured any money was better than no money. The warranty could be worth a lot more, hopefully I'll never have to use it. beer chug
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingwood990 Mon May 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Admin wrote:I figured any money was better than no money. The warranty could be worth a lot more, hopefully I'll never have to use it. beer chug

I think the warranty is the best part of the deal. Even if you never have to use it, you have the peace of mind that it is there just in case.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: