Lawncare & Landscaping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self Propelled Mowers

2 posters

Go down

Self Propelled Mowers Empty Self Propelled Mowers

Post by Admin Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:26 pm

I Purchased a CC 98 H from my dealer recently and I noticed something I thought was strange. So today I was at Home Depot and I decided to check out some push mowers there Honda, Toro, Lawn boy and even some real cheap mowers and found the same thing No throttle controls. Self Propelled Mowers 2238782717

All were variable speeds except the cheap mowers which were a single speed but no way to increase engine speed on any. What happened? This Sucks
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

https://lawncare.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Self Propelled Mowers Empty Re: Self Propelled Mowers

Post by Kingwood990 Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 pm

Admin wrote: I Purchased a CC 98 H from my dealer recently and I noticed something I thought was strange. So today I was at Home Depot and I decided to check out some push mowers there Honda, Toro, Lawn boy and even some real cheap mowers and found the same thing No throttle controls. Self Propelled Mowers 2238782717

All were variable speeds except the cheap mowers which were a single speed but no way to increase engine speed on any. What happened? This Sucks

No throttle controls hum that is strange. I know on my walk behind that is self propelled it is only a single speed. Can't adjust the throttle or blade speed. I wish I could at times. I shouldn't complain to much as it was free.

I have noticed on older push mowers self propelled and non that they do have throttle controls. Even on the cheep throw away models they have throttle control. My guess is its the government wanting the mowers to be safer by not being able to adjust any thing. Censored
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:01 pm

No throttle controls hum that is strange. I know on my walk behind that is self propelled it is only a single speed. Can't adjust the throttle or blade speed. I wish I could at times. I shouldn't complain to much as it was free.

I have noticed on older push mowers self propelled and non that they do have throttle controls. Even on the cheep throw away models they have throttle control. My guess is its the government wanting the mowers to be safer by not being able to adjust any thing. Censored

I though it was kinda weird. The Black Max is like that too, single speed no adjustment. I like the old Honda Quadra Cut it done what I needed it to do it was a three speed and it had a throttle. The CC does a good job but it's 190cc but the Max at 160cc has problems with the thicker grass.
I'm with you I think the Government has there fingers in things again. Self Propelled Mowers 3335796237
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingwood990 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Admin wrote:

I though it was kinda weird. The Black Max is like that too, single speed no adjustment. I like the old Honda Quadra Cut it done what I needed it to do it was a three speed and it had a throttle. The CC does a good job but it's 190cc but the Max at 160cc has problems with the thicker grass.
I'm with you I think the Government has there fingers in things again. Self Propelled Mowers 3335796237

It must be these Gov't regulations and what not. I tested out a 80's model Murray push mower last year before I sold it to a customer and it had way more power than my 6 horse walk behind I am using now. Granted the Murray had adjustable throttle and the newer mower does not.

It is also the same with riding equipment. I can only use two out of my 5 machines to mow with in a customers yard because they have the safety switches etc. The other equipment has zero switches. I don't want to be liable if something happens. When the insurance company sees that my equipment does not have safety switches it is my fault. Self Propelled Mowers 2059067951
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:29 pm

I've seen on other forums where people don't like the safety switches, especially the one that shuts down the blades in reverse. Personally I like that idea. I just read a story a while back and I think it happened in Minn. where a little girls leg was taken off when her dad back a mower over her backing up and he had bypassed the switch. I'd sure hate to live the rest of my life with something like that.
I'm like you I don't want to be liable if something happens. I've always thought the manufacturers put those things on for a reason and they shouldn't be tampered with. No
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingwood990 Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 pm

I agree. I do like the safety switches. You never know what could happen. I just wish the seat switch was not as sensitive. I do like the fact that my main machines have safety switches. It's a habit now to just reach for the switch before backing up. The machines with out the safety switches I do not mow with. I use them to pull stuff and do other jobs.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down