Lawncare & Landscaping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawn Mowers can't swim

4 posters

Go down

Lawn Mowers can't swim Empty Lawn Mowers can't swim

Post by Admin Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:06 pm

I wished I had a photo of this, but I went to the shop the other day and I was told about one of the guys who mows in the area running a 60" ztr into one of the retention ponds in a sub division.
I thought nothing I haven't seen before cause somebody's always having one pulled out because of sliding the rear of the mower off the side of the lawn into the pond but not this guy. Full throttle forward down the bank into the pond, the only thing showing was the top of the roll bar Lawn Mowers can't swim 1091913718 they had to get a wrecker to get the thing out. I really haven't figured out how he managed to do it other than the guy just panicked and lost control but it was sure a mess.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

https://lawncare.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lawn Mowers can't swim Empty Re: Lawn Mowers can't swim

Post by Kingwood990 Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Glad it wasn't me running that mower. Bet his boss and him had a "little" talk afterwards.

I haven't seen one go in a pond yet but I did watch a guy almost roll his 72'' Grasshopper out front mower. He got to close to the edge of the bank and the back of the mower went up in the air, I don't know how but he was able to back it out of the hole before it went in.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelbeckett Tue May 12, 2015 2:12 am

My lawn Mower can't start now because of not using for 2 weeks. I pumped the fuel on the soft rubber button many times but still not start. I have found the gas was leaking to air filter side when I pump the fuel. May the gas can't reach to the engine? The spark plug is ok. Please tell me what's wrong with it and how to fix if anybody knows it. thanks.

samuelbeckett
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by jhoncarter Fri May 22, 2015 7:25 am

If you post what lawn mower you have, others here will be able to help you better.
In the mean time, try to remove the spark plug and pull the engine through several times to clear the cylinder. Remove the air filter. Wipe or blow off the spark plug and re install. With out priming,pushing the soft rubber ball) try to start (with the air filter removed). If no start, give the ball one or two push then try again.

Grass Coventry

jhoncarter
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by samuelbeckett Fri May 22, 2015 7:35 am

Thanks for the report...as one infamous DIY'er once said..."Success is a wonderful sound

Artificial grass installers

samuelbeckett
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by jhoncarter Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 am

Have you tried bluelegged hermits for your algea clean up?
Decking Coventry

jhoncarter
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down