Lawncare & Landscaping Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ethanol Related Recall

2 posters

Go down

Ethanol Related Recall Empty Ethanol Related Recall

Post by Admin Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:44 pm

As I stated in an earlier thread on this forum I had a Stihl Blower go down and it was caused by the Ethanol in the gas I was using. The mechanic at the shop said that 70% of all there problems with Stihl backpack blowers and hand held equipment lately was ethanol related.

I didn't think to much about it at the time but when I received a letter from Stihl yesterday about the toolless gas caps going bad and it was due to the levels of ethanol, aromatics or other additives in some gasoline and it may or could distort parts of the fuel caps, it has me wondering what else or other problems could be caused by the ethanol. I guess the mechanic was right guess we have too start watching where we buy gas. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

https://lawncare.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ethanol Related Recall Empty Re: Ethanol Related Recall

Post by Kingwood990 Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:11 pm

I also have heard about Ethanol issues with Stihl equipment. So far I have not had any problems with any of my equipment but also those were not in the recall list.

I hope that Ethanol does not cause issues with older equipment. Being that my newest piece is a 2006. I did have problems last year with the MTD 990 but I was thinking that was because I recently got it running. About once a week I would have to pull the carb and give it a good cleaning. Maybe it was caused by Ethanol.
Kingwood990
Kingwood990
Silver Member
Silver Member

Male Libra Posts : 122
Birthday : 1992-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:30 pm

I have a FS 90 and a BR 550 that fall in the serial Numbers to have the caps replaced. I'm not sure about my FS 110 I still have to check that serial number. All the numbers are listed in the Brand specific hand held section if anyone is interested.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Pisces Posts : 572
Birthday : 1952-03-08

https://lawncare.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down